Friday, September 4, 2009

FRESH food!

So as I was walking to Bugae Station to catch the subway to Bupyeong, I got a whiff of the freshest smelling fish ever. Bugae isn't the nicest of areas in Incheon, and it certainly isn't even close the sea, but the food here on the streets is so incredibly fresh it's ridiculous! Honestly, I didn't even see the fish, I just smelt it as I walked by, and I stopped dead in my tracks and then found the fish in "tanks" or open-aired bowls. It's amazing, and one of these days I'll get up the courage and actually buy/eat one, haha.

Regarding street food--it's not as common as it is in Bangkok, and therefore I haven't really tried any yet, hah. I'm a little nervous to go up to one of the stands, just point to something that I really don't know what it is, and then figure out how much it is to pay for. The language barrier here is also a lot higher here :( It's very, very strange, and it deserves its own post, hah.

Okay, that's it. Just wanted to entice you guys to come visit me because not only will you make my week by doing so, you can also enjoy the freshest seafood EVER! I'm off to Seoul today with a co-worker, Ms Kim. She apparently lives in Seoul, so she will hopefully show me all the good spots today :) I love you all, and miss you guys so much. Hope you all have a great Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment